Who am I?
Hi, my name is James Traverse. First you may want to know a little about my background.
I have been actively involved with yoga study, teaching and practice for over 40 years. I have been blessed with connecting to many teachers who have helped me along the way, yet the one person who I call my teacher was a musicologist, medical doctor and sage named Jean Klein. Jean Klein helped me understand the true nature of being via experience. He did this with his Presence and somewhat with his words. I had studied yoga with B K S Iyengar for many years and I had explored the teachings of folks like J. Krishnamurti, Atmananda Krishna Menon, Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta Maharaj and many others but only Jean Klein’s approach truly helped me understand all of these teachings.
I created this page so that I could share with you an experiential approach that is another way of knowing that is distinct from the knowing and knowledge gained via science or language. The foundation of this approach is to first clearly understand the problem.
Intellectual vs Experiential Understanding…
This approach to ‘Know Thyself’ is to be clear that self-knowledge is not the knowledge of deriving your identity via the content and activity of the mind, because that is intellectual understanding [and just as the menu is not the meal, the idea of a thing is not the thing itself]. In fact what is realized is that deriving your identity via intellectual understanding veils the understanding of the true nature of your being – that veil blocks the experiential understanding of your true nature.
Thus what is necessary is to see the veiling of your true nature, to discover how that veil is formed and to burn that veil away via the sacred fire of Insight such that the true nature of your being shines forth.
I created a piece that I call:
Know Thyself – Apps for Peace of Mind
I wrapped the contents of this material in a software shell – inside this shell is a file with links that you click on to explore the sections and application exercises in ways that you are already familiar with.
The material uses the metaphor of a whirlpool to represent the Flow of life and the Form called your bodymind. As you explore this metaphor you will see that throughout the material there are over 30 application exercises that help you to make the understanding experiential rather than just intellectual.
The exercises guide you in ways whereby what are called ‘AhA!’ moments flower, yet they do not stop there as you then explore deeper such that you turn your ‘AhA!’ moments into ‘WoW’s!’ by applying the understanding in your life and see that it works!
As you explore you quickly discover that you cannot come to the understanding of your true nature via the activity of your thinking-reasoning mind, yet you also realize that the thinking-reasoning mind can confirm the understanding once it has been understood via experience.
Why does this matter?
Understanding the true nature of your being matters because:
- your actions are governed by your understanding
- fear of things like death and what happens after death fall away with this understanding
- you realize peace of mind
- you discover an ease of being – conflict, struggle, stress and strain end
- when the mind is at peace there is a corresponding benefit to the well-being of your body, which means better health overall
- the ease and relaxation of your mind is an environment wherein you accomplish your goals more readily – instead of chasing your dreams the case is more that ‘things fall into your lap’ when this understanding is established
- this understanding lets you be a better partner and a better friend, which means that you will enjoy better relationships
- the greatest gift that you can give to another is your health and well-being, because then you are a burden to no one and you are better able to help others
- with this understanding you are more than knowledgeable, because you see via Insight, which means that you are wise
- the benefits listed above are just a few of the reasons why the sages of all wisdom traditions direct you to ‘Know Thyself’, but perhaps a most significant reason is that with this understanding you are like Minerva’s Owl that flies at dusk, which means that in addition to the gift of Insight you also have the gift of Hindsight. Hindsight is another means of seeing clearly and that means wisdom
- wisdom means that you are a sage who has the power to see via both Hindsight and Insight and the action that arises with these powers is the one that is appropriate to the moment – that action leaves nothing lacking and no residue – thus every aspect of your being is enhanced!
~ ~ ~
I’ll tell you the introductory price in just a moment but first let me share a brief story that is symbolic of this approach of experiential understanding – don’t worry, it’s affordable.
This story takes place on a very cold winter day and a homeowner is experiencing a serious problem because his heating system, which is a furnace in the basement of his house, is not functioning properly. The homeowner has tried everything he knows to get the furnace working properly but he has failed to get it working at all; he is very concerned because the temperature is below freezing and it is possible that water pipes may break and cause extensive damage to his home.
The homeowner calls a furnace repairman.
The furnace repairman arrives promptly, goes downstairs and returns after just a few minutes and declares that the furnace is fixed. The homeowner puts his hand over one of the heating vents and sure enough he can feel heat there, and he can also hear the sound of the furnace running. He says to the furnace repairman. “Thank You – how much do I owe you?” The furnace repairman says, “That will be $1000.00.”
The homeowner is somewhat surprised at the amount of the bill because the repairman only took a few minutes to fix the furnace; yet he is quite happy that the furnace is now working and that he has avoided more severe problems. He says to the furnace repairmen, “Would you mind giving me an itemized bill?” The furnace repairman says, “No problem – I’ll be back shortly.”
The furnace repairman goes out to his van and quickly returns with the itemized bill. The homeowner double-checks that the furnace is running well and pays the furnace repairman who then leaves.
The homeowner looks at the itemized bill that the furnace repairman gave him – it says:
- Adjusted screw on furnace …………………………………………………………………. $ 1.00
- Knowing which screw to adjust ………………………………………………………….. $ 999.00
- Total ………………………………………………………………………………………………….. $ 1000.00
This approach of experiential understanding is much like the story of the homeowner and the furnace repairman. The material I share with you is a means of experiential self-knowledge, which is akin to ‘knowing which screw to adjust’ as in the story above.
This may not be for you…
One last thing before I share the price with you and that is that although this material can benefit everyone it is not for everyone, because you have to do you part in helping me share self-knowledge with you. This mean that I cannot tell you what the true nature of your being is [I can tell you but it will not have any meaning unless and until you have had the experience] and that means that it is necessary for you to explore the exercises and the rest of the material such that your understanding is experiential. In this way you make the understanding your own and then you will no longer need my guidance. In this light I ask that you only get this material if you are willing to explore it fully – I can assure you that it is not what you think, because its nature is beyond thinking.
The introductory price is just $27.00
Please understand that the price may increase as this is an introductory price that is available as long as you are seeing this page. I reserve the right to adjust the price as situations like hosting costs, bandwidth costs and other expenses deem necessary.
Click the Buy Now Button Below to Order
We use ClickBank for order processing because they are committed to being Secure and Private.
60 Day Guarantee
Of course this comes with my personal guarantee of your satisfaction. You have a full 60 days to review this material and if it turns out that it is not for you then please let me know and I will refund your money. I choose Clickbank for processing this transaction because they are known for their security and protecting your identity – you can order securely via Paypal or any popular credit card.
Peace Now ~ Love Always,
ps – This approach provides information about the nature of being, yet its core is about facilitating Insight via the application exercises. The difference between intellectual understanding and the experiential understanding accessible via this approach is the difference between seeing with the mind [intellectual] and seeing through the mind [experiential].
Click Here to Buy Now
more to come…
Frequently Asked Questions